Top 5 - gisteren
Top 5 - afgelopen maand
- "Er zijn wel degelijk goede bloemzaadmengsels op de markt"
- "Willen mensen helpen om te onttegelen"
- "Wanneer de bodem gezond is, gaat de teelt bijna vanzelf"
- "Met ‘true pricing’ is het realistisch dat duurzamer product goedkoper in schappen ligt dan kiloknaller"
- "Hagelstenen slaan 60% van aanstaande druivenoogst aan diggelen"
Organic Farm Manager Malawi
Pieter Teerling from the Netherlands and Stanley Chidaya from Malawi have long-term experience in the organic sector and invested in agricultural land to establish an organic farm of 120 hectare in Malawi. Pieter Teerling is director of Oxxa Foods, an organic fresh vegetables and fruits importer and distributor in France and the Netherlands. Stanley Chidaya is chairman of the organic growers organization in Malawi. For this organic farm they seek an experienced farm operator and manager to guide and coordinate all activities at the farm to set-up the crop planning and establish all required infrastructure. Besides the farm, the farm manager is responsible to set-up and coordinate all domestic sales and export activities of the farm and company African Natures. The goal of African Natures is to produce high quality organic food while improving lives and the environment in Malawi.
Organic Farm Manager
for African Natures in Malawi
Role of the farm manager
The farm manager is hired to start up and coordinate all farm activities at the farm of 120 hectare in central Malawi and set-up and guide all intended sales and export activities. The farm manager will live and work at the farm in Madisi in Malawi, one hour drive from Lilongwe and the airport. The farm manager reports to both the shareholders of African Natures.
- Set-up and implement the crop plan for the farm (fruits, vegetables, crops).
- Contribute and collect information to refine the business plan and crop rotational plan.
- Coordinate the establishment of required infrastructure (sheds, fences)
- Coordinate the purchase and use of essential agricultural machinery
- Hire and manage agricultural staffs and labourers for field operations
- Coordinate and instruct field workers on organic farm practices
- Organise required organic and food safety certificates for export company
- Coordinate and set-up logistics for exports
- Coordinate investments required for exports (post-harvest processing steps)
Contract period and fee
- This contract is full-time for a period of 3 years with a probation period of 6 months.
- Preferred starting date is per direct (September 2020).
- A monthly nett salary is paid in accordance with level of experience (to be discussed).
- Social security and medical insurance is organised by African Natures.
- A bonus is applied for successful completion of mutually agreed milestones and timeframe (to be discussed).
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in managing a farm or working experience in primary production with agricultural staffs.
- Good understanding of crop rotation, pest control, composting and crop planning, experience with managing livestock if possible
- Entrepreneurial skills and hands-on mentality
- Practical knowledge and/or experience in organic farming and related practices, agronomic educational background is preferred
- Persons that are currently residential in Malawi or in Africa are preferred.
- Knowledge about European food market and export requirements
- Good command of English and if possible Chichewa language.
- Skills and experience in working within an international context/organization.
- Good understanding of the Malawian socio-cultural and economic context or from another African country.
If interested contact: