Top 5 - gisteren
Top 5 - afgelopen week
Top 5 - afgelopen maand
Tomato Crop Trial Specialist
At Bayer Crop Science, we’re harnessing the spirit of innovation to shape what’s possible for farmers, consumers, and the planet. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive digital transformation. Within this fast moving environment we are looking for a Tomato Crop Trial Specialist.
The main purpose of this position is to bring the best (genetic) solutions to the growers, by identifying the best tomato varieties for the Benelux Glasshouse growers and to support them with knowledge sharing. This in close collaboration with other Bayer Crop Science colleagues.
Tomato Crop Trial Specialist
Your tasks and responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for the planning, executing and managing field trial programs in the Glasshouse environment, for tomatoes in the main growing area’s in the Netherlands. Focusing the activity on pre-commercial and commercial agronomical trials. To achieve this you will collaborate with other departments within the vegetable business and, if appropriate, with colleagues from Crop Protection and, when needed, with suppliers as well.
Our new Tomato Crop Trial Specialist will provide market and competitors information to marketing and sales. Also you will provide: all variety technical information to marketing and sales, FAB’s (Features, Advantages and Benefits) for each new product launch and summaries and conclusions on feedback from sales, customers and influencers on these new products.
Next to this, you will also
- Generate and analyze data to report to the Crop Lead, ensuring full characterization of products and supporting product advancement decisions by the local crop team.
- Visualize collected data and present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support sales through promotional and tailored solution trials and participation to growers’ meetings, exhibitions.
- Ensure that our varieties are recommended on the lists of marketing organizations. Work closely with official trial stations.
- Interact with other stakeholders (Breeding, Product Management, Marketing, Sales).
- Keep track of relevant new market developments, e.g. diseases, cropping methods, agronomics, robotics etc.
Who you are
Our ideal candidate loves the cropping of tomatoes and likes to work with digital tools. He or she is very motivated to join the team for the characterization and development of new tomato glasshouse varieties in the Benelux.
- Minimum Bachelor education level.
- Proven knowledge of tomato production under Glasshouse conditions.
- Experience in analysis of field trials.
- Fluent both in writing and speaking of the Dutch and English language.
- Strong planning, accuracy and analytical skills and focus on details.
- Excellent overall computer skills and understanding of digital tools.
- Driving license “B” category.
In this position you need to be able to interact with different people/positions working in nurseries (owners, managers, crop workers) and within the Bayer organization. For this you need strong organization and strong influencing skills to win support of key stakeholders.
What Bayer offers you.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Bayer Crop Science employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- Excellent salary including 8,33% holiday allowance.
- 25 days of annual leave.
- Lots of international growth opportunities.
- A team of enthusiastic, professional and driven colleagues.
Interested in this position?
At Bayer, we are committed to improving lives through a food system that is better for farmers, consumers and the planet. These targets will be both ambitious and time-bound, with a combination of long-term thinking and short- to mid-term goals.
We cannot realize this vision alone. Turning today’s impossibilities into tomorrow’s breakthroughs requires strong collaboration with scientists, innovators, regulators, and farmers. Please check this link to get more insight into Bayer Crop Science
Reach out to us by clicking the ‘Apply’ button! In case of any questions you can contact Luuck van Kooten via Luuck.firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via email will not be processed.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via www.career.bayer.be/en/sociall-wall/ and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.