- Financieel Administratief Medewerker
- ICT / Masterdata medewerker
- Medewerker Beleidsuitvoering & Ondersteuning
- Product Manager Glasgroenten
- Jr. Product Manager Glasgroenten
- Manager Dienstverlening
- (junior/aankomend) Sales Manager
- Teeltspecialist Flower Trials & Home Garden
- Commercieel Directeur
Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing an efficient, smooth and continuous flow of goods for the ready to eat production process in order to deliver a final product that meets the required standard.
This involves the supervision of the various internal and external stakeholders, including the ripening, production, planning and logistical elements of our business. The Production Manager forms an integral link between the Halls Commercial team and the Service Provider, Cool Control.
The Supply Chain Manager falls under the Commercial Director, with a direct line of reporting to the Business Manager.
Supply Chain Manager
Communications and planning
- Establish monthly meetings with the service provider, Cool Control, where the main issues related to production, customer complaints, and all points of improvement proposed by both Halls and the service provider will be discussed.
- Establish weekly meetings with the Production Supervisor on the daily work, providing guidance and/or support when required.
- Facilitate one-on-one check-up meetings with HR system.
- Prepare and submit a report to the management on production related issues (pallet falls, over-ripe or under-ripe fruit, poor packaging, bruised fruit due to mishandling, or other complaints) and general performance.
Ripe program - process coordination, statistics and analysis
- Understand the fruit characteristics and their development during ripening.
- Analysis and reporting on the ripening program statistics (suppliers' performance); reporting of this information to the Quality Department.
Value add production
- Present a clear plan of the ready to eat process with corresponding instructions to the service provider and Halls team, whereby supply is matched to the demand.
- Lead weekly allocation and planning update meetings with both internal and external teams.
- Analysis of problems based on current data (weekly review). Information of importance to the business, orders produced out of specification and production related issues recorded and shared in the weekly management meeting.
- Ensure stake holders are provided with clear instructions, and raw material quality of an acceptable ripening standard for optimal ripening and machine input.
- Ensure the proper use and maintenance of machinery owned by the company, arranging any necessary inspection, periodically or due to malfunctions.
- Carry out the related administrative work for the services conducted by our suppliers such as approval of work conducted, invoices, order of parts and yearly services.
- Direct point of contact for the Quality Manager for required paperwork for audit purposes
- Ensure that the stocks of materials available match according to the sales forecasts received.
- Timeous placement of orders with suppliers and the subsequent weekly monitoring of stocks and deliveries, adjustments the admin records where necessary.
- Invoice approval, communication and filing.
- Order cross referencing against deliveries.
- Recruitment of potential candidates through liaison with external recruitment companies and the Halls HR team.
- Interviewing of potential candidates.
- Creation of job descriptions, for approval by the Business Manager.
- Training, onboarding and mentorship of new team members.
- Approve and manage team holiday requests in the Daywise HR system.
- Replacing colleagues when they are not available.
- Undertaking other reasonable management requests.
- Undertake any prescribed training, either formal or on the job, as required by Halls B.V.
- Support for the company's sustainability initiatives.
Knowledge and Experience required
- At least 3 years experience in fresh food role.
- Experience of working in a fresh food or fast-moving consumables or warehouse environment.
- Experience with the process of the product (quality, ripening, sorting and packing).
- Good standards of PC literacy, including MS Office packages at a good working level.
Skills and Qualifications required
- HBO or MBO+ education or level of thinking, related to agribusiness or logistics.
- English required (written and spoken), Dutch an advantage. Polish, Spanish and German appreciated but not required.
- First class verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to change approach depending on recipient.
- Ability to listen well in order to make effective and timely decisions.
- First class organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize work and work calmly under pressure.
- Analytical skills.
- Supply chain understanding.
- Technical knowledge and knowledge of the product(s).
- Flexible approach to work, with the ability to respond quickly and change priorities in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to stay calm and patient within a dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to deal with highly pressured and often unforeseen circumstances and manage through to the most viable resolution.
- Calm and diplomatic personality, with the ability to be firm, yet professional when required.
- Persistent and tenacious.
- Target driven.
- Punctual and precisely
- Live and breathe Halls’ core values.
- Office based in Maasdijk
- Working time is on the floor, of which around 30% is in the warehouse.
- Full time role – Monday to Friday.
- Transport Independence
To apply: email@example.com