Top 5 - gisteren
- Burgemeester op bezoek bij IDorganics tijdens de Week van de Zaanse Ondernemer
- Nederland bereikt overeenstemming over Nationaal Strategisch Plan
- Rob van den Dool over meest vervuilende landbouwproduct
- Udea blijft mogelijkheden CO2-reductie onderzoeken via deelname Alliantie Klimaatactie
- Quin Bite mikt nu ook op de Nederlandse markt
Top 5 - afgelopen week
Top 5 - afgelopen maand
- Keuringsdienst van waarde neemt 'Beter voor'-sticker van Albert Heijn onder de loep
- Fotoreportage van goed gevuld leveranciersplein Udea Open Air
- Lokaal initiatief groeit uit tot bio-groothandel van formaat
- De Brandnetel in Leiden sluit na bijna 30 jaar
- Plus zet meer huismerk zuivel om naar biologisch en blijft het prijsverschil bijleggen
(Junior) Seed Production Specialist
(Junior) Seed Production Specialist
Your challenge in Seamless End-to-End Design and Delivery (SEEDD) as a Junior Seed Production Specialist
What are you going to do
The Seed Production department is coordinating the worldwide production of our vegetable seeds, both, conventional and biological. Constantly improving on how to get the right amount and best quality vegetable seeds efficiently produced and on-time delivered.
We are striving for the best vegetable seed quality by continuously improving our breeding- and production activities. Together with several disciplines working as dynamic teams, sharing the passion for vegetable seeds we are always aiming for the best product to fulfill the demand of the growers worldwide.
As a Junior Seed Production Specialist, you develop a successful career in seed production. You coordinate the worldwide seed production of one of our crops. You provide agronomical support and maintain contacts with producers and (international) colleagues on the progress and quality of our seed productions. Furthermore, you initiate and manage improvement processes of new production trials.
Through cross-functional teamwork, with your colleagues from Research & Development, Seed Operations, and Marketing & Sales you work on optimal seed availability. You are involved in the development of new varieties and the mapping of the relevant production characteristics. Together with the Seed Supply Team you make the production planning and determine how and where the seeds will be produced.
You collect and register the data of the current productions in our ERP system. For a good insight into the seed availability but also for research and analysis. You work from home or the office, but you also visit the production locations in the Netherlands and abroad, where you check the productions on site.
One of the (crop) departments within Seed Production will be your workplace, where you will report to the Crop Production Manager. You collaborate closely with Seed Production Specialists of other crops, both national and international.
You are analytical and solution-oriented with a hands-on working mentality. You see it as your responsibility to properly streamline the logistics process from sowing to delivery of the seeds at Enza Zaden. You can respond to questions from growers, but you are also able to align between stakeholders based on the information you obtain from the Research & Development, Supply Chain, and Product Management departments.
Your affinity and experience with plants are of great value. Due to your passion for plants, your agronomical experience, and your ability to ''read'' plants, you can identify crop issues and you can translate these into necessary actions for the growers. Your analytical way of thinking and your problem-solving mentality enables you to spot and realize improvements in seed production.
You actively seek for the best production approach, which requires the ability of independent working but of course also teamwork. To achieve the most efficient production, you need to be able to maintain a good overview and be skilled in planning and organizing. International contact with producers and regional colleagues requires flexibility: You can adapt your approach to different cultures and local circumstances.
In short, you;
- have a Bachelor or Master degree in Plant Sciences or (International) Agribusiness Studies;
- have 0- 2 years of experience in agribusiness and/or (vegetable) seed cultivation;
- have a passion for plants and an eye for plant-related pests and diseases;
- have excellent and clear communication skills in the English and Dutch language;
- are analytical and solution-oriented;
- are willing to travel (within and outside Europe);
- have a driving license.
In short, we offer:
- The challenge of working in an international environment and being part of the coordinating of our worldwide production of our vegetable seeds
- An international experience with active participation in several agricultrual processes and working in different teams;
- Room to grow professionally and personally through the Great to Grow program;
- Enthusiastic colleagues and an open, informal company culture;
- An exciting position with a market based salary and excellent working conditions (flexible working policy).
Breeding to feed the world! That’s our goal as an international vegetable breeding organization. Simply said, this means we develop new vegetable varieties. Our assortment consists of 1,200 different varieties across dozens of diverse crops; from bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce to bitter gourd, hot peppers and of course onions. Enza Zaden produces the seeds of these vegetable varieties and sells them worldwide.
Even though we are an international company with more than 2,500 employees worldwide, we still are an independent family business, which clearly shows in our business culture. You easily feel right at home and your ideas are valued. Entrepreneurship, teamwork, and taking responsibility are central values to our mission, and our employees are the heart and soul of the organization.
Do you see yourself taking up the challenge of working in an international environment and being part of the coordinating of our worldwide production of our vegetable seeds?
Let us know! Send your application to us via the Apply Now! button at our website.
For more details, please contact: