Top 5 - gisteren
- Burgemeester op bezoek bij IDorganics tijdens de Week van de Zaanse Ondernemer
- Nederland bereikt overeenstemming over Nationaal Strategisch Plan
- Rob van den Dool over meest vervuilende landbouwproduct
- Udea blijft mogelijkheden CO2-reductie onderzoeken via deelname Alliantie Klimaatactie
- Quin Bite mikt nu ook op de Nederlandse markt
Top 5 - afgelopen week
Top 5 - afgelopen maand
- Keuringsdienst van waarde neemt 'Beter voor'-sticker van Albert Heijn onder de loep
- Fotoreportage van goed gevuld leveranciersplein Udea Open Air
- Lokaal initiatief groeit uit tot bio-groothandel van formaat
- De Brandnetel in Leiden sluit na bijna 30 jaar
- Plus zet meer huismerk zuivel om naar biologisch en blijft het prijsverschil bijleggen
(Senior) Seed Production Specialist Allium
(Senior) Seed Production Specialist Allium
Coordinate the worldwide production of Alliums
What are you going to do:
As an experienced Seed Production Specialist in the Allium crops, you know better than anyone how to bring supply and demand together. With your agricultural experience, preferably in the seed production of alliums, and your natural ability to connect with people, you know how to achieve an optimal balance between quality, price and delivery time.
You provide agronomical support and maintain contacts with producers and (international) colleagues on the progress and quality of our seed productions in Spain, Italy, France, Argentina, South Africa, USA and Australia. Furthermore, you initiate and manage improvement processes of new production trials.
Through cross-functional teamwork, with your colleagues from Research & Development, Seed Operations, and Marketing & Sales you work on optimal seed availability. You are involved in the transfer of (new) varieties from R&D and the coordination of relevant production criteria and thresholds. Together with the Seed Supply Team you determine how and where the seeds will be produced.
You coordinate the collection and registration from the data of the current productions in our ERP system. For a good insight into the seed availability, but also for research and analysis. You work either from home or the office, and frequently visit the production locations in Spain, Italy, France, Argentina, South Africa, Australia and the USA.
You collaborate closely with the Crop Production Manager Allium and the colleagues within the Seed Production department, both national and international. As a team we are constantly improving on how to get the right amount and best quality Allium seeds efficiently produced and on-time delivered to our clients.
It is your responsibility to streamline the logistics process from sowing to delivery of the seeds at Enza Zaden. You can respond to questions from growers, but you also align with stakeholders based on the information you obtain from the Research & Development, Supply Chain, and Product Management departments.
Your affinity and experience with plants, preferably with Alliums, are of great value. By combining your experience and that of our regional production specialists, who are based in the main production areas, and by analyzing the data available in our system, you work on continuous improvement of the production results for quality, reliability and efficiency.
You communicate easily with the regional production specialists and together you can identify crop issues and translate these into necessary actions . Your analytical and problem-solving skills enables you to spot and realize improvements in seed production.
You actively seek for the best production approach, which requires the ability of independent working, but of course definitely as important also teamwork. International contact with producers and regional colleagues requires flexibility: You can adapt your approach to different cultures and local circumstances.
In short, you;
- have Bachelor work and thinking level, and you have preferably completed an agricultural education;
- have a minimum of 3 years of experience, preferably in a similar role in the (vegetable) seed industry or (vegetable) seed cultivation;
- have a passion for plants (Alliums) and an eye for plant-related pests and diseases;
- have excellent and clear communication skills in English and preferably the Dutch language;
- are analytical and solution-oriented;
- are willing to travel (within and outside Europe);
- have a driving license B.
In short, we offer:
- The autonomy to streamline the logistics process in the allium crops from sowing to delivery of the seeds at Enza Zaden.;
- An international experience with active participation in several processes and different teams;
- Room to grow professionally and personally through the Great to Grow program;
- Enthusiastic colleagues and an open, informal company culture;
- An exciting position with a market based salary and excellent working conditions (flexible working policy).
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. And produces and sells its seeds all over the world. We have made an animation to explain to you properly (and as briefly as possible) what we do.
The purpose of our work? To offer everyone worldwide access to healthy and varied vegetables. With more than 2000 passionate colleagues all over the world, we work together every day on the vegetables of tomorrow.
Please send your application to our Recruitment department:
Recruitment@enzazaden.nl or contact Martine Rook +31 6 55220474