Top 5 - gisteren
Top 5 - afgelopen maand
- Lidl als eerste grote retailer met alle winkels biologisch gecertificeerd
- Fotoreportage zomereditie BIOFACH - de Nederlandse exposanten
- Poiesz koopt de tienduizend kilo biologische broccoli, bestemd voor de composthoop, van Friese teler
- Biohuis teleurgesteld over verkennend gesprek met kabinet over stikstof
- Sri Lanka verklaart zich failliet nadat het een jaar geleden de biologische teelt bij wet oplegde
Business Development Manager – Frozen Fruits
Up&Up Talent Solutions is looking for a driven and hands-on Business Development Manager – Frozen Fruits for International Food Europe B.V. (IFE), a frozen fruit trade company based in the Netherlands.
IFE has achieved vertical integration through key partnerships of sourcing and processing in South America, and the Dutch entity that will be responsible for the commercialisation and after sales services to the customers (industry, wholesale suppliers, foodservice distributors, and retail channels) in Europe as well as other continents.
The company has the objective to significantly increase sales volumes and revenues in the short term. To achieve this, the key role of the Business Development Manager – Frozen Fruits is to assess, set up and develop the initial commercialization channel strategy of the Dutch entity. Therefore, IFE is looking for someone with a strong commercial flair, sufficient experience in frozen fruit and proven success in key client development.
This is a new and challenging position, reporting directly to the Commercial Director, and supported by the Production & Commercial Team in South America. You will play a vital role in the further growth and development of the company.
In this position, success will be measured based on predefined business development, new client acquisition, sales, and contribution to company targets.
Business Development Manager
Securing new commercial opportunities
- Develop frozen fruits trade channels to achieve sales objectives and identify business opportunities that contribute to the fulfilment of the company’s targets.
- Responsible for the commercial business across Europe, and other continents.
- Using your exceptional well-honed skills, you will negotiate the sales of a wide range of frozen products and liaise with customers to ensure the timely and successful delivery of goods with the sales and operations teams.
- Whilst expanding the clients “reach” commercially, you will use your consultative selling skills to understand the needs of new and existing customers and to match them with supply capabilities.
- It will be important to work closely with the clients, and the commercial, procurement and technical teams in South America to provide market information and influence buying requirements.
- This role will embody the full sales cycle from inception to completion and managing relationships moving forward in the designated country areas.
- Development and realisation of the annual sales, marketing plan and budget for the regular reporting and sales performance.
Making the difference at senior level
- Bachelors’ Degree (or equivalent) in relevant food or business studies.
- At least 5 years’ experience in B2B sales in the Agri Food Business industry including in the frozen fruit sector (essential and with preference in frozen avocado).
- Strong entrepreneurial, independent, commercial, and self-starting spirit and an ambition and enthusiasm to profitably grow a business.
- A demonstrated relevant and usable network within frozen fruit (preferred).
- Excellent command of English (verbal and written) and high knowledge of other languages especially Spanish, German and French.
- Have a proven track record in developing key accounts in Europe and potentially internationally.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office
- Have a proven consultative selling technique.
- Be able to demonstrate strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Be willing to travel (locally and internationally)
The current office is in Rotterdam (in front of the Central Station with excellent and modern facilities). Remote working arrangement is possible.
A unique opportunity to hold a strategic and challenging role within a solid, growing company in an exciting niche market. The company is developing fast and therefore there are good opportunities for growth. Furthermore, our client offers an excellent salary and benefits package, both primary and secondary.
IFE has outsourced the recruitment for the Business Development Manager – Frozen Fruits vacancy exclusively to Up&Up Talent Solutions.
For more information you can contact Taco van der Louw +31(0)6 53 52 62 46. Applications only through www.up-up-go.com.
Send your applications with a cover letter stating the reasons for your interest, achievements and relevant experience for this position, your salary expectations or your current salary, and your earliest possible starting date.
Up&Up Talent Solutions is specialist in AGF, Agricultural and Food vacancies from MBO+ to Masters. We are personal, dynamic and authentic. We work with an extensive database, via social media and targeted recruitment campaigns. We also specialise in international recruitment with our large network (e.g. Europe, Asia, Africa, South America). Our market areas are AGF, food, agricultural, and retail (FMCG/OOH)